Price Per Head Bookmaking for Dummies
From the dawning of legal offshore gambling, came the Price per head concept ?and no..it is not a cattle weight conversion project to get more dough out of your beef.
Price Per Head Agent Solution or Outsourcing Bookmaking to an Offshore Sportsbook by using online sportsbook software and technology provided by this type of companies, allows agents - credit bookmakers to outsource the writing of their business to sportsbooks or companies such as www.OldSchoolBookie.com (Contact them at 800-382-2825). How simple is it? Very? the betting agent simply points their clients to a phone number and/or website and allows them to place their sports wagers online with a simple Pin/Password system that is either chosen or provided to by the sportsbook. The gambling agent or bookmaker then pulls reports at the end of the week, and pays or collects what the client won or lost. The only money that trades hands is the money between the agent or bookmaker and the Price Per Head software provider . It is called a Price Per Head service fee also known as PPH fee.
This is a win win situation for all parties involved. The bookmaking agent and their players (package) receive abundant benefits from the Price Per Head Agent Solution
(i) improved earning potential for the agent, (ii) decreased legal exposure for the bookmaking agent, (iii) increased customer service for the gambling agent?s clients, and (iv) ability for the agent to do something other than answer wagering calls AND having to deal with figures AND trying to increase his business without having time to sit back on the pool deck with a cocktail in one hand and a cigar on the other. (they actually get time to enjoy the money they are earning?for those at home).
The number of Offshore sportsbooks operations that offer this type of development for the ?Local bookie? has grown exponentially over the last twelve months with new offers sprouting daily, top of the line turnkey sportsbetting software and more and more handsome offers and promises to be the best. With so many choices, the mother of questions is: ?How do I know which Price Per Head provider or sports book to choose?? ?Where do I go??
Well my little grass hopper?allow me to shed some light upon thee..
When evaluating an offshore turnkey sportbook operations , it is often difficult to actually see facts through fiction, for this reason, you must rely on the following to make a sound choice:
1. Years In Business: As you should always do when you are dealing with either your own clientle or your money (which is usually one and the same) make sure that the Company you choose for your PPH Provider has been around for at least 6 years?with a proven track record in the online gaming industry; needless to say. You must not afford to risk your clients or your sports season to a fly by night operator or ?wanna be? operator. Avoid new sportsbooks. We see them all time. Avoid excuberant bonus promises for your players and ridiculous promotions which you nor your players don?t really need. These marketing tricks may work for the weak at mind and bring you more evil than good.
The Real Deal:. David Brunner. Troy, CA, Agent holding 798 players, been in business for 13 years : ?I have been around for some time. The PPH concept has been there since the beginning of time. Don?t let your self be led by the next Tom, Dick or Harry that crosses the street saying that he came up with the Price per Head concept. The trick to a turnkey sportsbetting business is not the fee you pay. It is keeping your players satisfied. I know for a fact that my players remain with me out of the relationship I have built with them. They trust me, hence they trust where I lead my onshore gambling business and they WILL follow. Big is never good. I have learned through painful experience that a big over-rated online sports book and casino service is not necessarily a good thing or a good place to put your moneys worth. They don?t treat your bookmaking business with the same respect as you do. They often will see you and your players as just another account number?.another onshore bookie out of the pile. They see you as another market, another onshore betting agent they need to lure and conquer and will try to take your players and flush you out. Try to lean for a more conservative price per head operation ?they understand that this market is not one you want to lead a head on battle with. They respect your work and your business and treat you with the professionalism you and your players deserve and expect. They will give you the availability to grow?YOU have the edge. Time in business is a must. Proven track record does not necessarily mean a flashy logo of some 2 wit ?watchdog organization?. Believe me there are more than one of those out there endorsing their own book. Their own book??? Yes?their own offshore sportsbook?that?s right boys and girls?there are these so called watchdog or betting organizations which where created and owned by the same sportsbooks and casinos they so gleefully refer and endorse. Do your homework?a nice gold seal of approval from the somethingnot betting association of never never land is not necessarily a company touched by God.?
2. Location: This should be the first thing you do?Make sure that the PPH provider you choose is Legally Licensed and Bonded in the Country it claims to be in.
3. Reputation/Integrity: DO YOUR HOMEWORK?.we are talking about YOUR business here = your money. I can never stress this enough?don?t believe everything you see (or read for that matter). There are several ways to run checks on the Offshore Sportsbooks and offshore per head services at hand. There are some verifiable and known sources: The Prescription, Bettors World, etc. Yet as mentioned before?be carefull. Not all is good and true . Google the Company in question. Check Internet Casino and sportsbook blacklists, there are hundreds of posting forums and Blogs out there with VERY useful information on the offshore gaming and casino industry.
The crem de le crem ? Walter Fox, Full time bookie. Currently has 3 packages, over 1250 players. Patterson, NJ: ?One of the hardest things to find when you are outsorcing your bookmaking business is someone who treats your business as their own. Size of the agent credit sportsbook and their reputation is always good?but not a must. As an offshore sportsbetting business grows..the big men behind it all become greedy. They tend to grow and grow?and at just the right time?sell out. There are tons of perfect examples out there, the companies you hear the most about, yes children, those were sold out, bought out, and merged. This is very common particularly in the sportsbetting offshore industry ?companies being bought out by other companies which in return are bought out by yet another larger firm?and so forth down the line?its the Circle of life in the Corporate world. But as an internet gambling business changes from hand to hand so does the way it is managed. The staffing changes, policies change, Prices on fees or any special treatment that you may have had where thrown out the window?they threw a monkey wrench in your whole operation and your players are stuck in the middle of this whole mess. Where as a conservative price per head bookmaking operation?you see them, they go from season to season?and their quality of service never diminishes, their packages, their fees, their staffing?.they remain the best in the industry?consider it as a family business..and you are part of that family.
The offshore online gambling industry now a days has grown to such proportions that its not like the old days where you saw small tiny offshore sports betting books sprouting like weeds in a garden left and right. Back then you had to be careful where you went because there was no telling what would happen to you and your players. But times have changed and its easy to spot a fly by night betting offshore operation with a wishy washy service?they rarely last through the 1st season. Go for the safe way?they are out there and when you do find a good price per head turnkey service stick to it like a bad habbit, you and your business will grow rather, when a company is tied to a loser post-up sportsbook, you know what to expect for your clients.?
4. Service / Offerings: Most turnkey sportsbooks now are open 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365-days a year. If not they will remain open untill the last game of the day goes off the board. Reputable price per head sportsbooks will offer quarter lines, half time lines, game lines, money lines, propositions, multiple casinos, horse betting, and more. They will have internet access for your players and alternate back up sites for emergencies or problems on the main site. Their staff should be FLUENT in english. You should be able to understand the staff. An exceptionally reputable book offshore will look to accommodate your players by offering to actually hire personnel for your players language needs as is the case with OldSchool Bookie (www.oldschoolbookie.com) . Some onshore bookmakers have foreigners as part of their package and as additional service this book offers staff who can accommodate your players. You are looking for a price per head turnkey solution to better service your clients ? therefore service is one of the key deciding factors on who to go with.
The who is who in the business ? Jake Wesson, Floor Manager for BetEZ.com: ?This isn?t rocket science?My business goes to the one who offers more options for me and my players. The more accessible the service is and the more wagering options that exist, the more money the betting agent will make. On the same note neither you nor your players should have to go through an intensive language comprehension course for foreigners. I see it time and time again.
Gambling agents that come to us and choose our per head turnkey services for their customers complain that X book has the worst english speaking clerks. They can barely understand them. I insist that every person I hire for my staff must be 100 fluent in English. Customer service is also a top prioirity for me. You may have the best english speaking clerks in the business, but if your players are getting shunned out from the customer service portion, its time for you to take your package and go elsewhere. You should consider the service mentioned above to be the minimum acceptable. Period!
5. Security: This is a MUST (needless to say) Your assets and your players should have the necessary security to continue doing business. An offshore Book that is offering you a PPH option must have safeguards and must keep your information and clients secure and anonymous. Always consider that if the company you are considering is publicly held, as is the case with most large Sportsbooks, then your security is compromised (it CAN BE accessed via the government). Integrity within the company you choose should never be left second hand. If their Integrity is at question, you can assume your data will be passed on to the wrong people.
6. The right to remain Silent - : Sammy Valeski, onshore bookmaker, 38 years in the buisiness: Security is Number ONE issue. You are moving your business off shore for convenience and lets face it?.for protection. If you plan on going for the publicly traded bookmaking services offshore chances are you and your players information will be handled by more than one hand?.and eventually will fall into the wrong pair of hands. Your business should not be compromised by the sportsbook solution you choose. You should have full trust in the one you are dealing with. If there is so much as an inkling of an idea that your business is being compromised, BAIL OUT!.
Short note about the author
Andy Vecchio is a proffesional bookmaker that has been in business successfully for many years. He has now outsourced 70 of his business to an offshore price per head sports betting provider www.bookoldschool.com For more information on a price per head system please visit: http://www.offshorebook.net.