Many people are confused when they first become interested in
internet businesses; they find themselves asking
what type of business is best for me?
Well I can't answer this for you but I can certainly give you
a few pointers in the right direction and my personal opinion.
So here they are:
1. No employees. There is no need to employ people to do the
work for you.
2. Low costs. Most affiliate programs are free to join; you
don't have to buy the product to sell it. Some programs have
an upgrade option to make which makes your earning capacity
3. No storage. The merchant is responsible for the storage of
product so you don't need to worry about space or storage costs
4. No shipping and handling. The merchant is also responsible
for the product arrival, so there's also another cost you don't
need to worry about and running around you won't have to do.
5. You don't deal with customer service. Another problem you
don't need is customers who are not happy, if they are not
happy the merchant deals with it.
6. No account keeping. There is no need to store customer
information such as credit card details, addresses and phone
numbers, this is yet another merchant responsibility.
7. No trading time for a wage. You can spend as little or as
much time as you like selling your product. How much money you
want to make is entirely up to you.
8. There are literally thousands of options out there for you.
If you have a favorite niche market go for it, in my experience
if it is a product that you are really happy with then it will
be easy to sell.
If this doesn't clear things up for you, I don't know what will!
What better way to make money online then to watch the company do
all the hard work. All you have to do is promote, promote, promote,
and when it is something you are happy with its easy!
11 Tips for Joining Affiliate Programs:
Here are some things that I look for before joining an affiliate
program. They are items I feel are imperative to being in a
successful affiliate program.
1. The affiliate program has a great payment structure. For me, a
high commission that is also a high percentage of the purchase price
is essential. Nothing under 25% commissions.
2. Make sure the affiliate program you are joining has a good looking
site. You do not want to be sending visitors to a site that you do
not like yourself.
3. Make sure they offer a comprehensive affiliate statistics page
that lists the number of click through, number of sales and amount
earned. This should be broken down per month.
4. Also make sure that the affiliate statistics are updated
automatically and immediately. You do not want to find out today
about a sale you made a week ago.
5. Ensure they give a wide variety of text links, banners and
graphics to put on your web page. Although I prefer text links,
certain types of banners and graphics still work well.
6. Know how often you are going to be paid. If you are tossing up
between 2 programs and one pays monthly and the other pays quarterly,
the one that pays monthly is better. You do not want to wait months
before getting paid for your hard work!
7. See if the affiliate program gives examples of how the top
affiliates are doing. This can be a great pointer to whether it is
good or not. If some affiliates are earning many thousands per month,
it is a good affiliate program.
8. Along these lines, also see if they give examples of what
marketing methods these successful affiliates are using to get the
9. An affiliate program that offers a special monthly newsletter just
for the affiliates is great. Here you can get extra tips and
techniques that are working well.
10. See if they offer email notification when you make a sale or get
an affiliate signed up under you (if it is a 2-tier program). It is
good to see `You have made another sale' in your inbox.
11. Ensure top level support is given. If they cannot answer your
query straight away make sure they can respond within 48 hours.
There is tremendous demand for affiliate programs and choosing the
right one is no easy task. Make sure you do plenty of research before