This article will be helpful for students wanting to know the art of good term paper writing which is an essential requirement in academics. There are several steps that should be followed by students while writing such a paper. The main part of any term paper is the thesis statement. A thesis statement informs the reader about your argument on a particular issue. Your term paper should be composed around your thesis statement.
The supporting paragraphs should be based on the thesis statement. The idea is that supporting sentences should focus on a specific aspect of the thesis statement. For instance it can explain your position on a matter or provide key definitions relevant to the topic.
Now comes the end of the paper in which all you have to address is the conclusion or result of your term paper. In conclusion you restate your thesis but in different words, and sums up your position. You can give a recap of some of the major points of your paper. If you wish to impress your professor, you can mention the implications for future research. Hence, the ending should make the reader feel that he got your point clearly.
Given below are some Do and Don't for making a good term paper:
• Do conduct ample research. Atleast give five sources for a 4000 words paper. But don't overdo it by adding irrelevant sources and also ensure that the research conducted is according to paper requirements.
• Do organize the term paper before submitting. Don't make the error of writing your custom term paper without any consideration for its direction. Use references of supporting or opposing the document. That way your academic paper will follow a coherent pattern.
• Do write a powerful thesis statement that can carry the supporting arguments forward. A thesis statement must be comprehensive enough to cover the supportive arguments but it should be precise.
• Do follow the given instructions. Many students make the blunder of not considering their professor's directions. Most teachers checks the paper length, the number of required sources and the format of the term paper.
• Do validate your views and do not leave them unsupported by research. Writing a research based paper represents that you know how to verify your claims and you need to prove it.
• Don't add additional points in the end. Keep in mind that the conclusion is a wrap-up. You role as a writer should not be confused by new points when wrapping up the paper.
• Don't forget to thoroughly proof-read your term paper. A nicely made paper can be affected by substandard words and grammar. Your innovative ideas are wasted if the instructor finds it difficult to read it. Such papers frustrate the teachers which affects your grade.
• Don't use copy pasting. This mistake can prove to be deadly. Remember to cite your sources both in-text and in the references section. Common style manuals such as APA, MLA and Harvard will give you correct guidance on how to cite information sources and compose them in bibliography or works cited page.
Now that you are aware of the basics of writing A+ term papers, here are some additional secrets to ensure that you get the best grade in class. Always remember to always proofread your term paper or research essay. You cant stress enough the significance of checking the paper for spelling and grammar. Another tip is to become acquainted with the tone of each source that you consulted for research. The writer of a book, article or an electronic document is attempting to validate his/her writing and wanting to convince you to agree with his point. The argument presented can be made more influential if the student is fully aware of the point that the writer is trying to prove. Finally, an efficient student should take out time to visit their teacher's office for more help on all aspects of the assigned term paper and writing process and recheck he the instructions are completely followed.
Spelling and grammatical mistakes have no excuse in a good term paper. Many teachers are strict about such things and will point out faults in your paper if it is plagued with typos. Almost all word processors have a spelling checker so learn how to best use it. In addition, it is also vital to re-read your work after checking it for grammar because sometimes they also tend to miss some errors. A good term paper implies that the student has given great attention to its composition.