Waste products are hazardous to humanity in all senses, equally detrimental to our environment. Human health along with environment is susceptible to human created risks, and nobody but we can veer off from this dangerous track, by changing our way of perceiving this environment. If it doesn’t concern us, we are going to pay a price beyond our ambit. Waste, be it commercial or manufacturing, does require a proper treatment of disposition. In case of any failure to implement possible measures, we will be inviting various problems till eternity.
Hazardous wastes pose a serious threat to humanity and environment. While we generally act to throw a waste into the trash or supply it in drain, concerns and dangers are looming over yet again. Waste of specific kind is even dangerous to dispose in ordinary conditions, and the degree of risk is evidently there. In today’s age, waste disposal techniques are being required to get adopted and practiced incessantly.
In manufacturing sector, Hazardous waste is witnessed in mega capacity and grave matter confronts us as how to dispose such hazardous chemical waste. In our day-to-day life, we usually forget that we are surrounded by hundreds of hazardous waste materials of various forms.
Some of these mainly are:-
- Fluorescent bulbs and light tubes, containing toxic mercury.
- Household cleaning products containing such labels: WARNING, DANGER CAUTION or POISON
- Partially used canister of oil based paint.
- Lead contained batteries used in household products.
Recycling is of good help where it applies well; for other classes of hazardous waste proper disposal mechanism must be followed. Waste products of higher degree risk are resistant to ordinary styles of treatment and could even downgrade the impacts of landfill. Now, let’s get started with the methods to get rid of toxic waste material.
• Step One: Limiting the production of hazardous by-products
• Step Two: Get yourself registered with the hazardous waste collection plans
• Step Three: Collect your waste in the trash, not in the open spaces or storm sewers.
Step One: Limiting the production of hazardous by-products.
As they say, “Prevention is better than cure”, why don’t we limit our needs and distinguish between the useful and useless efforts. It not only does waste your time and money, but your resources too. The next question after reading this should be,’’ How do I abstain myself from indulging in waste production processes”?
However, environmental science has some revelations to share about:-
- Hazardous materials must be replaced with Non-hazardous ones
- Precisely analyze your production/manufacturing workflow and look up for less harmful ways to production.
- Providing guidance to all employees in practicing better and environment friendly ways to manufacture
- Improving quality of machines that are used continuously
- Classifying the waste material to prevent employees from getting contaminated
Step Two: Get yourself registered with the hazardous waste collection plans-
Discerning nicely the situation is also a good option. Be an alert citizen and observe the waste collection system of your town, city, or country, to check if proper disposal regulations are followed or not.
Step Three: Collect your waste in the trash, not in the open spaces or storm sewers.
System of disposal varies with the category of waste that prevails around. A waste product of liquid nature should be disposed of in its respective unit; likewise waste of solid medium should go down to landfills, and other respective units.
The Author of this article wants to highlight a deviation between medium and strong action to be taken, the suitable measures to be adopted while performing contaminated or non-contaminated waste disposal.