There are women who always look well dressed and put together. No matter what presents itself or how short the time is, they can pull together a look that fits the occasion. They never seem to face the problems we fight such as wondering bra straps, loose buttons or ladders in their tights. What do they know that the rest of us don’t?
Here are some fast and easy do it yourself tips that every woman should know. Share this list with the women in your life.
1. Tank tops and blouses with straps and plunging lines are cute and stylish and a nightmare for a woman who wants to wear a bra with them. Sew a bra strap holder into the shoulders of your top to hold the bra strap out of sight.
2. Tights are a must for any wardrobe. However the active woman on the go is continually watching for snags that will cause ladders. The solution is as easy as your dressing table. Spray your tights with hairspray and allow them to dry after you have put them on.
3. Nothing is more embarrassing than the button on your blouse unraveling and coming off while you are away from home. The fashion savvy woman knows to add a dab of clear nail polish to the top of the button. The nail polish will dry and harden stopping the unthreading and keeping the button in place until you can repair it.
4. Never fake a designer bag. Not only is it detrimental to the designer, but rarely will the bag fool the discerning eye. However, fake diamonds are a big YES! Use quality reproductions with precious metals but lower the expense by using fake diamonds. No one will know but you.
5. Know your shape! There is never a dressy occasion that is a good time to try out a new trend. Know your body type and what looks good on you. Use your House of Fraser voucher additional discounts to stock up on your basics. You can always dress them up or dress them down with accessories. Let an expert train you on what your basic is.
6. Double sided tape can repair a loose hem or shorten a dress in a pinch until you can get to the tailor.
7. Are your new shoes stiff or a bit tight? Slip on a pair of socks and place your feet in the shoes. Blast your shoes with the hot air from your blow dryer for a custom fit.
8. Stock up on scarves. Various materials, colors and shapes can accessorize any outfit for an instant fashion perk.
9. Use Windex to shine patent leather without any damage.
10. Hoop earrings are a must for any woman, but know your look. A thin face needs a heavier and larger hoop while a larger face should go with a lighter and smaller hoop.