Travelling, these days have become a source to relax and a medium of exploration. In order to cope up with the hectic lives, travelling comes as a relief. People are exploring a lot of new and trendy destinations apart from the famous ones. One of most trending tourist destinations is Saudi Arab. Jeddah, the second largest city in Saudi Arabia with a population currently at 3.4 million people, is an important commercial hub. Jeddah is the principal gateway to Mecca, Islam's holiest city. Jeddah is known for its entertainment spots, breathtaking beaches, mouth-watering cuisines any many more. It is a kingdom to various restaurants and cafes and has many government offices.
Following are the best places for tourists in Jeddah-
1. Tahaliyah Street- For all shopping sprees, Tahaliyah Street is a blessing. It is a commercial hub of shopping centres with all the major brands. It consists of lavish offices, best restaurants around and multiple shopping complexes, which altogether makes the Shopping Experience in Jeddah mesmerizing. Mall of Arabia is a premiere shopping mall in Jeddah featuring a wide variety of international brands in Fashion & electronics. Apart from clothing, numerous jewellery stores and perfume shops, and shops selling antiques grab the attention.
2. Jeddah Corniche- Located along the Red Sea, it is a coastal resort area of the city of Jeddah. It includes a lot of recreational areas. The main highlighting point is King Fahd's Fountain, which is the highest fountain in the world. Unlike other fountains the Jeddah fountain uses seawater. It is said that soon a Ferris wheel that is similar to the London Eye will be introduced at the Corniche.
3. Khuzam Palace- It is the first building to be constructed using cement and iron in Jeddah and is one of the most important museums in Saudi Arabia. It was the home for King Saud. This palace includes a lot of old style Jeddah buildings. It is a monument which is worth a visit, though only the gate of the palace remains today.
4. Silver Sands beach- People in awe of entertainment and those in love with the beaches, will simply love this place. It is one of the finest beaches in the city. The beach is equipped with several sports fields. There are special play areas for children and rental offices where tourists can easily rent all the necessary beach equipment.
5. Historical Jeddah- It is an open air museum for the generations which includes heritage that tells the history of Jeddah. The main attraction is the Jeddah Wall, built to protect it against outside attacks. It is a place for several historic mosques and markets that are visited by locals on a regular basis.
Jeddah is known as the city that never sleeps and won’t allow its people to sleep, from the kind of entertainment it offers. It is a city known for its commercial developments and at the same its ancient and antique style speaks for itself. Go and experience this Bride of the Red Sea.