Cycling is fast becoming one of the best means of travelling. Cheap and cheerful, it has been a mode of transportation for the financially handicapped. However, it is no longer seen as a “poor man’s” commuting tool. Nowadays you will not only see cycles in developing countries but major world powers and modern countries like America, Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark, to name a few.
WHY IS CYCLING THE “MODERN” WAY OF COMMUTING?
- It is environmentally friendly. There is no air pollution from any type of fuel. Research has shown that by cycling for two days a week will reduce carbon pollution by approximately two tonnes a year.
- Easy on the pocket – The initial investment is just on the cycle itself. Minimal maintenance and repair costs are incurred. Therefore, easily affordable by all.
- Fast – It is a much faster way of commuting compared to other road vehicles. Your flexible cycle can easily manoeuvre between other vehicles on the road and hence are faster. Some countries like Great Britain also have dedicated cycling lanes so you do not have to go on the road with the other traffic. The time taken for a cyclist to reach his destination is less; compared to the time he would have taken had he travelled by car or bus.
- Good for your cardiac and overall health – When you use a cycle as a mode of commuting, you need not diet or go to the gym. Cycling is a very food form of exercise that will keep your heart pumping healthily, burn up the excess calories and a healthy sweaty cycle ride will leave you feeling vital.
- Legislation – Many cities across the globe have created laws that facilitate cyclists. Dedicated parking spaces, bicycle-friendly traffic signals and provision of cycle racks are just some of the initiatives taken by a few cities.
UBER CLONE TO LAUNCH CYCLE SHARING
Like any share economy initiative, the concept of cycle sharing is becoming the new trend. In cities where cyclists are in abundance, this is a very good concept. This concept works on the principle that if the owner is not using his cycle, or has a spare one he can rent it out. Anyone looking for a cycle can look for such bicycles via the Uber Android App Script. This script allows cycle owners to register as “available” so that anyone looking for a cycle can find them.
HOW THE APP WORKS
There is always a need for cycles, whether it is for commuting to work, going on a cycling holiday or any other reason. Many people have spare or cycles that are not used frequently. All they have to do is register their cycle details on the app. A picture of the cycle always helps. Once the owner and the cyclist find each other, they can seal the deal online, the cyclist gets his cycle for his purposes, and the owner gets to make a bob or two.
MODERNISING YOUR UBER ANDROID APP SCRIPT FOR SECURE AND TRENDY BICYCLE SHARING
If you an entrepreneur looking to get into this business, you can make your product smarter, which in turn makes cycle sharing secure.
All cycle owners can invest in a secure rear wheel lock, which can only be unlocked via the mobile phone app, such that owners can park their cycles securely in a place of their choice. When riders a looking for a cycle, they will be able to see the available cycles in the area by logging onto the app. The app is able to locate the available cycles via the lock. Users will choose the cycle of their choice, pay for it and unlock it for use via the app. Once the user parks the cycle back, he takes a picture of the cycle and sends it to the owner to show the condition of the returned cycle.
Users do not need the cycle owner to be there to use the cycle – thanks to the fully automated system.
For the owner of the Uber Clone, there is a set commission for every cycle booked through our app. A quick, easy and ideal way to make money – on the go.