People who live in the city or who have to endure heavy traffic or have limited parking spaces opt to rent a car, call a taxi, or use the underground or metro, or use that easy and cost effective solution of travelling by bicycle.
The tube or the metro is the most convenient way for people commuting on a daily basis because it is a comfortable ride at a price that is easy on the pocket. However, most stations are quite a distance away from the workplace or residence where you would need some mode of commuting to actually get to and from the station.
That is when the taxi booking apps like Uber Android App Clone come into the picture. Thanks to apps like Ola, Lyft and Uber, commuting has now become an enjoying and comfortable experience, where people can enjoy a ride as good as they would in their personal cars sans the driving, off course.
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE TAXI BOOKING APP CLONE AND OTHER SIMILAR TAXI APPS
1. Provide the benefits of comfort just like you would in your personal car, just without the stress of driving or maybe even owning your own car
2. Drivers get the opportunity to earn extra cash. Drivers can be professional drivers or just anyone like me or you who is looking to make a bob or two in their spare time
3. Uber like services reduce the number of drunk drivers on the road, thus helping play a major role as far as road safety and drink driving is concerned, limiting the number of accidents and fatalities
4. Help keep the environment clean, by reducing carbon emissions into the atmosphere as more people tend to ride in a car, rather than drive it.
5. Choice of vehicle – rider can select the car he wants to ride in. If you want to impress your girlfriend there is nothing more impressive than turning up in a Red Porshe to pick her up. The choice of cars is unlimited – from economy to business class, for the disabled, groupies or even pets.
6. Ideally suited for vacations. No need of scouring the local directory for a taxi service. All you need to do is download the app and look for the nearest available taxi.
7. The app is versatile as it can be used not just for taxis but for other services like couriers, or booking a helicopter ride too.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The all-important question is now here. For such an app, you need to realize that you will need to develop the following:
- There are actually two apps – the driver app and the passenger app. Both apps are required for a fully functional taxi app
- A landing page or website which will give your clients an insight into the company and the facility to book a cab should they wish to book one via their PC
- An admin panel that will help you manage the whole system. This will include things like sending taxis to hot spot areas, tracking trips, revenue management etc. It will also allow future enhancements and additions to be made to your app.
THE RIDER APP FEATURES
Listed below are the basic features that are required for the rider app to function efficiently:
- Payment card details
- Request Result
- Fare calculator
- Tracking of driver
- Reviews and ratings
- Booking history
- Push notifications
The total number of days required to develop all these features from scratch takes at least 30 to 80 days in total.
THE DRIVER APP FEATURES
- Booking History
These are developed between 20-25 days at the most.
THE ADMIN PANEL
The admin panel is actually the manager of the whole business. It manages the processes, the database, and tracks the activities of both the drivers and the passengers. It takes around 120 days to develop a basic admin panel.
WEBSITE OR LANDING PAGE
Landing page contains the key information about the company. It also has the links to the app store and development time for all this including animation is approximately 8 days. The time will depend on the website’s functionality.
The other point that needs to be considered is the UI/UX design. To get a successful fan following for your app, the design needs to be clean and user-friendly. Let’s look at the numbers in detail:
- The wireframe of the app will take about 10 days
- 15 days will be taken for preparing the UI of the passenger app for either one operating system i.e. Android or IOS. If you require for both, add another 5 days to it.
- 10 days will be for the creation of the driver’s UX with another 10 for preparing its UI on one operating system and another 10 if you want to adopt both Android and IOS.
NOW THE FINAL COST
Depending on where you get your app developed, the estimated prices are listed below:
USA: $80,000 to $120,000. Hourly rate ~$200.
Eastern Europe: €15,000-€25,000
Western Europe: €30,000-€75,000
A COST EFFECTIVE WHITE LABELLED SOLUTION FOR YOUR TAXI BOOKING APP CLONE
Do not let the above figures deter you from investing in such an app. Many companies are in the business of developing these apps in a much lesser time and a fraction of the above cost. Depending on your requirements, there are companies who will give you an app for a couple of thousand dollars and get you up and running in just two days. Just make sure you shop around for that perfect app that will give you the best features at the best price.