Strategically nestled in the Trans-Himalayan region, Ladakh is located in the state of Jammu & Kashmir state in the North India. This is one of the most popular destinations among those who’re always looking for something amazing. Riding across the high altitude mountain passes through the monasteries and camping by some stunning acclimatisation lakes are some major allure of Ladakh that you can enjoy with Kashmir Holiday Packages.
Ladakh, besides spellbinding landscapes, is renowned for its ancient Buddhist monasteries. This is also called ‘Little Tibet’ as this shares an international boundary with Tibet and plays a host to a sizable population of Tibetan Buddhists.
Here in this article, I’d like to mention some important considerations that every tourist, opting Kashmir tourism packages, should know.
What To Pack For Your Trip To Ladakh:
- A pair of raincoats – The weather at Ladakh is unpredictable and you can enjoy rains after crossing Chandigarh and hence make sure you don’t get wet so it’s good to get some good, in fact very good raincoats.
- Quality Trekking Boots – These let your feet and socks from getting wet at the streams flowing on passes. Baralacha La is one of the most vicious. They’d be your guide on the difficult treks.
- Puncture Kit, Spate Tube, and Other Spare Parts – If you’re going to ride your own bike or enjoying a taxi with Kashmir holiday packages, then make sure to go prepare with everything that might help you while on your trip. Keep yourself equipped with a puncture kit, spare tube, break wire, clutch wire, chain lock, engine oil, spark plugs, gear oil etc. Also carry an additional petrol tank or jar as the last petrol pump that you’ll find is at Tandi which is around 380 KM before you find the next at Karu.
- Winter Wears – If you are from a warm place, then you might find Ladakh quite chilled, so get some winter wears and don’t forget to cover your head and ears with something warm.
- Preventive Medicines – During your trip to Ladakh or Kashmir, you’re not going to find much medicine stores, so keep some preventive medicines that aid acclimatisation and treat altitude sickness. Diamox is a must have. If you can’t find it, then get some garlic soup, or a soup prepared with lots of garlic.
- Trekking Kit – You’re going to enjoy one of the most difficult trekking, so don’t forget to pack a trekking kit and some other essentials like a torch, mobile charger, warm sleeping bag, a pair of a sleeper, rope, knife etc.
So now that you know what’s must-have while you’re planning to visit Ladakh, brace yourself and hunt for the best Kashmir tourism packages and Shalimar Travels bring to you a wide choice of affordable and exciting tour packages that fit your needs. Whether looking for short-term or long-term packages, you’ll find everything here.
Get in touch for anything you want to know.
Related Blogs Search By Tags