Human resource management is one of the most critical factors involved in the success or failure of an organization or business entity. The human capital is very diverse, versatile and challenging to manage. Career management system is a way of promoting clear and open communication mechanisms between the employees and management. It allows fostering of open door communicative policy in the internal layers of the company.
Career Management is a mutually beneficial process: Career management is beneficial for both the individual and the organization at large. It allows the company management to learn about the competencies and skills of the employees in their organization. This enables effective application of the relevant HR information through proper job positioning and appointments. Generation of optimal outcomes from the human capital is ensured.
Advantages of Career Management: Career management process also allows employees and their managers to make better career decisions for the future benefits. Some of the key advantages that employees and company management can gain from following good career management tips include the following:
- Identifies the skills and competencies of workers at all levels
- It allows effective placement of employees according to their skills and competencies
- Career decision making is aided through this process
- Brings about improvement in the job satisfaction ratings
- Company is able to organize a better pool of employees for each requirement
- Feedback and evaluation of the employees and their skill implementation provides beneficial knowledge for the company
- Companies and employees get a chance to identify their shortfalls and needed improvements are implemented for further career progression
- An open door career management process allows effective involvement of employees
- It allows companies to attract and retain a productive and professional pool of employees for their goals and objectives.
Some tips for Career Managements: Every employee and individual who wants to excel in his job or work must have a career management system backing his goals and objectives in life. Some important tips to remember in this regard include the following:
- Keeping your resume updated with the latest achievements and professional credentials is always a good way to be prepared. You never know when you can get an opportunity or chance to improve your career level.
- Join an association or official group of professionals that is related to your skills and job description. This allows you to remain informed about the industry news and gives current information about latest trends and market conditions.
- Having a mentor is one of the best ways to pursue career management efforts in your quest for progression. People who have already achieved more than you are in a position to guide you in a better way
- Become a mentor yourself as well. It does not matter where you stand on the job level. If you are able to positively and productively guide someone to achieve more, this can be a great way to enhance your own capabilities and skills.
Plan ahead for your path to progression. Set out realistic goals and objective and revise them periodically according to circumstance and situations.
Author Bio: This article has been written by James Rogers. He is an HR consultant and has worked with several multi-national corporations like Essay Writing Service | PapersArena company in the world.