The objectives of the report are as follows:
- To define, describe, and forecast the peristaltic pumps market on the basis of type, end-use industry, and region
- To identify key market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges influencing the growth of the peristaltic pumps market
- To forecast the market size of peristaltic pumps in terms of number of units and value
- To analyze and forecast the market size for peristaltic pumps with respect to key end-use industries, such as water & wastewater treatment, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing, pharmaceuticals, food & beverages, and pulp & paper, among others
- To analyze the market for peristaltic pumps across varied regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, supply contracts, and mergers & acquisitions in the peristaltic pumps market
- To profile leading players operating in the market and identify their core competencies
Both, top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used to estimate and validate the size of the peristaltic pumps market and to estimate the sizes of various other dependent submarkets in the overall peristaltic pumps market. The research study involved the extensive use of secondary sources, directories, and databases such as Hoovers, Bloomberg, Chemical Weekly, Factiva, and other government and private websites to identify and collect information useful for the technical, market-oriented, and commercial study of the peristaltic pumps market.
The value chain of the peristaltic pumps market starts with the sourcing of raw materials, followed by manufacturing & assembling of peristaltic pumps and supplying of finished products. These products are supplied to various end-use industries. Plastics, cast iron, and stainless steel are raw materials used for the production of peristaltic pumps. Some of the major players operating in the peristaltic pumps market include Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (U.K.), Verder Group (Netherland), ProMinent Dosiertechnik GmbH (Germany), Cole-Parmer Instrument Company, LLC (U.S.), Flowrox (Finland), Graco Inc. (U.S.), Wanner Engineering, Inc. (U.S.), IDEX Corporation (U.S.), and SEKO S.p.A. (Italy).
The peristaltic pumps market is projected to reach USD 467.5 Million by 2021, at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2016 to 2021. Peristaltic pumps are widely utilized in several end-use industries such as pharmaceuticals, water & wastewater treatment, mining, chemical processing, food & beverages, and pulp & paper. The increasing applicability of peristaltic pumps across these end-use industries is expected to drive the growth of the peristaltic pumps market in the near future.
Based on type, the peristaltic pumps market has been segmented into peristaltic tube pumps and peristaltic hose pumps. Peristaltic tube pumps are suitable for contamination-free pumping of shear sensitive fluids, viscous sludge or slurries, and aggressive acids and caustics. Furthermore, in peristaltic tubing pumps, the tube is the only material that is in contact with the fluid. The tube can be changed to avoid contamination, and the chemical compatibility of the pump can be tailored in accordance with the application for which these peristaltic tube pumps are used by changing the tubing material.
The increasing usage of peristaltic pumps in the pharmaceuticals and water & wastewater treatment industries has led to an increased demand for peristaltic pumps, globally. The Asia-Pacific is projected to be the largest market for peristaltic pumps, followed by Europe. The peristaltic pumps market in China is expected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021. Major producers of peristaltic pumps such as Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (U.K.), Verder Group (Netherland), ProMinent Dosiertechnik GmbH (Germany), Flowrox (Finland), and SEKO S.p.A. (Italy) are located in Europe.
Slow industrialization in the North American and European regions and lack of Greenfield investments are factors anticipated to restraint the growth of the peristaltic pumps market.
Companies operating in this market are investing in the development of new and advanced products to strengthen their product portfolios and cater to the increasing demand for peristaltic pumps. For instance, Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group launched 530 and 630 peristaltic cased pumps that are designed for upstream and downstream bioprocessing tasks.
Companies such Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (U.K.), Verder Group (Netherland), ProMinent Dosiertechnik GmbH (Germany), Cole-Parmer Instrument Company, LLC (U.S.), Flowrox (Finland), Graco Inc. (U.S.), Wanner Engineering, Inc. (U.S.), IDEX Corporation (U.S.), and SEKO S.p.A. (Italy) adopted strategies such as expansions, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments to expand their market share and widen their distribution network.