Summary of The Report:
The report "Reservoir Analysis Market by Service (Geo Modeling, & Reservoir Simulation, Data Acquisition & Monitoring, and Reservoir Sampling), Application (Onshore & Offshore), Reservoir Type (Conventional & Unconventional), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022", The reservoir analysis market is expected to grow from an estimated USD 7.32 Billion in 2017 to USD 8.95 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 4.11%. This growth is attributed to the increase in energy demand from emerging economics, increasing focus on mature oil & gas fields, new field developments, and increased reliability in reservoir analysis due to technology advancements.
Objectives of the Study
- To define, describe, and forecast the global reservoir analysis market on the basis of service, application, and region
- To provide detailed information on major factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry specific challenges)
- To strategically analyze the reservoir analysis market with respect to individual growth trends, future expansions, and contribution to the market
- To analyze market opportunities for stakeholders and details of a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To forecast the expansion of the reservoir analysis market with respect to main regions (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa)
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- To benchmark players within the market using proprietary Vendor DIVE framework, which analyzes market players on various parameters within broad categories of business and product strategy
- To track and analyze competitive developments, such as contracts & agreements, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research and development in the global reservoir analysis market
This research study involved the use of extensive secondary sources, such as, directories, including databases such as International Energy Agency (IEA), papers, reservoir analysis magazines, and publications, Factiva, OneSource, company annual reports and presentations, the U.S. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Agency publications, and government websites of major countries. Primary research has been conducted with reservoir analysis companies, utilities, research centers, and government agencies in order to verify sales estimates and prices in the global reservoir analysis market. The primary sources include several industry experts from core and related industries and preferred suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, administrators, solution providers, technology developers, alliances, and certification organizations from companies and organizations related to all the segments of this industry’s value chain. All primary sources have been interviewed to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information as well as assess future prospects.
- Study of annual revenues and market developments of major players that provide reservoir analysis services to oil & gas operating companies
- Analysis of major applications and demand for reservoir analysis services from oilfield operators
- Assessment of future trends and growth of the reservoir analysis market
- Assessment of the reservoir analysis market with respect to the demand for each type of reservoir analysis services used for different applications
- Study of the market trends in various regions and countries with regard to different types of reservoir analysis services
- Study of contracts and developments related to the reservoir analysis market by key players across different regions
- Finalization of the market size by triangulating the supply-side and demand-side data, which includes product developments, supply chain, and annual revenues of reservoir analysis companies across the globe
Data acquisition and monitoring services: The largest segment of the reservoir analysis market, by service, in 2017
Data acquisition and monitoring services held the largest share in the reservoir analysis market. Data acquisition and monitoring services helps to enhance reservoir functionality and optimize production by providing real time information with a faster decision cycle. Various equipment and software are used to perform the data acquisition task. The tools that are used includes memory gauges, surface readout tools, and surface measuring equipment, which are used to get accurate and real time data of a well. Increase in E&P activities from unconventional resources is expected to increase the demand for data acquisition and monitoring services.
The onshore sub-segment is estimated to have the highest growth rate in the reservoir analysis market, by application
The onshore segment is expected to dominate the reservoir analysis market and is also expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. In the Middle East and North American region, the maximum number of oilfields are located onshore, and, thus, exploration & production activities carried out in these regions are expected to drive the onshore segment during the forecast period.
Unconventional sub-segment is estimated to have the highest growth rate in the reservoir analysis market, by resource type
The development of new technologies, such as hydraulic fracturing and directional or horizontal drilling and the abundance of unconventional resources globally, have led to an increase in the exploration & production from unconventional resources. These factors are expected to drive the unconventional reservoir analysis market at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
North America: The largest market for reservoir analysis in 2017
The market in North America is currently the largest market of the reservoir analysis market, closely followed by Asia-Pacific. Technological advancements in drilling, such as long-reach horizontal well bores and completion techniques, such as multi-stage hydraulic fracturing, have led to an increase in E&P from unconventional resources and is driving the reservoir analysis market in this region. The market in the U.S. dominates the North American market, followed by Canada and Mexico. The market in the U.S. surpassed the markets in Russia and Saudi Arabia, and became the world’s top producer of petroleum and natural gas hydrocarbons in 2015.
To enable an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape, the report includes, profiles of some of the top service providers in the reservoir analysis market. These players include Schlumberger Limited (U.S.), Halliburton Company (U.S.), Baker Hughes Incorporated (U.S.), Weatherford International, PLC (Switzerland), Roxar Software Solutions AS (Norway), SGS SA (Switzerland), Core Laboratories (U.S.), ALS Oil & Gas (Australia), CGG SA (France), Expro International Group Holding, Ltd. (U.K.), and Trican Well Service Limited (Canada) among others.
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies’ revenues. Currently servicing 5000 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
Our 850 fulltime analyst and SMEs at MarketsandMarkets™ are tracking global high growth markets following the "Growth Engagement Model – GEM". The GEM aims at proactive collaboration with the clients to identify new opportunities, identify most important customers, write "Attack, avoid and defend" strategies, identify sources of incremental revenues for both the company and its competitors. MarketsandMarkets™ now coming up with 1,500 MicroQuadrants (Positioning top players across leaders, emerging companies, innovators, strategic players) annually in high growth emerging segments. MarketsandMarkets™ is determined to benefit more than 10,000 companies this year for their revenue planning and help them take their innovations/disruptions early to the market by providing them research ahead of the curve.
MarketsandMarkets’s flagship competitive intelligence and market research platform, "RT" connects over 200,000 markets and entire value chains for deeper understanding of the unmet insights along with market sizing and forecasts of niche markets.
UNIT no 802, Tower no. 7, SEZ
Magarpatta city, Hadapsar
Pune, Maharashtra 411013, India
Email: [email protected]