Hello everyone! I am Oliver Brown, a tech expert from the UK. I am specialized in handling antivirus issues and from years I have been writing blogs related to AVG antivirus and its other product to help people understand the complexities of this security program. Recently, I received a query from one of my followers that how one can transfer AVG license from one PC to another. So, I thought why not explain this to all of you so that you can switch easily from one device to another without incurring any additional cost.
If you have recently bought a new computer and want to install AVG in it, then it isn’t necessary to buy a new license. You can use the same license of your old PC in the new computer for the remaining subscription period. It is just that one should not make any mistake in transferring AVG license to a new computer. After reading this blog, things will become easier for you.
Step 1: Uninstall your AVG Product from the old computer
You cannot transfer a license if it is used on another device, thus, it is necessary for you to uninstall your product from your old device. In case, the old PC no longer works then you don’t need to worry about it. We are going to explain you the un-installation method for Windows 10. For other operating systems, you can consult antivirus masters.
- From your system’s Start menu, go to Control Panel.
- Click Programs and then tap on Programs and Features.
- Now right-click AVG program from the list and click Uninstall.
- On AVG uninstall wizard, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
- Then finally, restart your system.
Note: If you fail to uninstall AVG using these steps, then you can also use AVG Remover Tool for the same.
Step2: Once you have uninstalled your AVG program completely, you can install it on another device. During the installation, you need to enter the license number of your product. In case you have lost your license number then you can use AVG License retrieval form to recover it. You can learn more about this tool from AVG masters who are available at AVG Support Number UK 0808-169-3104 just to assist you.
- Download the installer of your AVG product from AVG official website and save to a familiar location. (We suggest you to save it on Desktop)
- Right-click the setup file and choose to “run as administrator” from the context menu.
- When Use Account Control dialog box appears for permission, click yes/ continue.
- Now select your installation language and click Install to proceed with the default installation.
- Once the installation is done, click My AVG from the top-right screen and click My Subscription.
- Enter your license and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you want to protect more PCs than your current license allows, then you need to upgrade your license for more systems or purchase an additional license. You can find the details on AVG official website for the same.
You can also consult me for this or other queries associated with AVG. Please follow my twitter account.