Facing QuickBooks error code 6210 and don’t know what to do? Well, this is a common issue that the user might face this error mainly in the multi-user mode. When the user works in the multi-user mode, this error message pops up on the screen and affects the tasks. It can also completely crash the system. The QuickBooks error code 6210 comes up with an error message:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file.”
This error might crash the active program window. And when running the same program, the system might crash. If you are also encountering the same issue, then make sure that you read this post or can also contact oursupport team via our toll-free number 1-800-969-7370.
What Causes of QuickBooks error code 6210?
- QuickBooks software is not installed properly
- Or the downloaded software might be corrupted
- The user can also get this error if the windows registry might be corrupted
- In case the company files are corrupted
- Or if there is any kind of virus or malware attack
Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code 6210, 0
Following are the easy steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 6210, 0:
Step 1: Renaming the .ND and TLG file to fix the issue
The user can rename the .ND and .TLG file in order to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6210. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to visit the folder that has the QuickBooks installation directory and then open it
- After that, look for the corresponding network data and transaction log files
- Right click the .ND file and then select the rename option
- Followed by adding .old at the end of the extension
- And then do the same step for the .TLF file and rename in the same way
- After that, make a new folder and then move QuickBooks files to the newly made folder
- Begin with QuickBooks and then open the company file stored in the newly created folder
Step 2: Close all QuickBooks processes
- First of all, login in as the system administrator on the server computer
- After that press Ctrl+Shift+Esckeys together to open or launch the task manager.
- Next, Choose the Users tab to show processes for all users
- Now check out each QuickBooks processes such as: QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe
- Choose End Task.
- Finally, open your company file in multi-user mode.
This brings us towards the end of this post, where we hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error-6210, 0. Moreover, if the error continues to trouble you, then feel free to contact us at 1-800-969-7370. Our QuickBooks enterprise technical supportexperts will be happy to help you.
Other recommended articles for you:
Methods to resolve QuickBooks POS error 176109
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks H series error?