Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains is marketed for mid-size companies as well as Navision (which has very good positions in Europe and emerging markets where it can be easily localized).
Great Plains Receivables Management (RM) module lets you maintain tight control over Accounts Receivable with capabilities that help you track invoices, process receipts, and analyze customer activity, so you can manage sales made on account more effectively and yet maintain lower overhead costs.
Manage your sales process more effectively by measuring trends and analyzing performance with comprehensive customer tracking combined with sales tracking by person or territory. RM also helps reduce administrative costs and enhance office productivity with automated receipt processing and posting and personalized statement cycles that fit your customers and business.
- Extensive Drill-Down ? Cross-module drill-down capabilities give you the ability to locate the exact details you need.
- Comprehensive Customer Information ? Streamline your customer information with customer categories for consistent record maintenance and comprehensive data, including addresses, shipping methods, default purchase accounts, and user-defined information.
- Installment Management ? Automate your customer installment payments by creating schedules, calculating interest, amortizing amounts, and forecasting the impact of variable interest rates, payment amounts, and installment changes.
- Sales Analysis ?Analyze your sales performance with receivables tracking for each salesperson or sales territory, including commissions, commissioned sales, noncommissioned sales, and cost of sales for the year to date.
- Control Account Management ? Manage your payables control accounts by reporting segments, such as cost center, division, department, program or fund, and display a breakdown by segment values of your central control payables account. Eliminate the need to manually reconcile reporting segments and get a true account of amounts owing by segment value.
- Automated Processing - Automate processes for writing off and adjusting overpayments and underpayments, as well as create and apply debit and credit documents for open balances.
- Complete Receivables Reporting ? Create a comprehensive suite of reports that can be sorted by calendar or fiscal year with on-screen display and search, or combine with Microsoft