Are you a dreamer living your life with regrets? ?The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.? (Eleanor Roosevelt) As the creator of your present and your future, you decide whether it will be filled with living your dreams or living regrets. Living a life without regrets is possible, and is accomplished by many, so how do we do it?
Living without regret takes consciousness, making decisions for yourself, and being committed to those decisions.
As we reflect on the events of September 11th, 2001, it is a time of year for being thankful for our lives, our opportunities, and remembering to live our life to the fullest. But do we do that very well? Are you living each day without regret to its fullest and are you living your dreams? I have found that living without regrets is living with intention and living my dreams.
How do you live the life of your dreams?
The keys that I have found to be successful both personally and with clients are:
1. Be very clear what your dream is. Is it to have a house of your own, or to buy a big sailboat, or to have the dream career, with fame and success? Each dream is personal and can look different.
2. Create a vision story, what your dream and vision look like, feel like, and sound like. Include all of the details: who, what, why, where, when, and how. Include the emotion of your dream and vision. Write it in the present tense. Make it inspiring. Once you've got it done, read it everyday. I know some people that read theirs each morning and each night. The story keeps you on your path and keeps you in the mode of creating your reality.
3. Make a plan. Sometimes a dream seems overwhelming but by making a plan and taking small steps each day or week, you begin moving the dream plan forward. Break it down into small steps so that you can find doable steps. Find the actions you can take and take them!
4. Celebrate accomplishments. Keep a journal with your accomplishments in it. Writing them down is important. It gives you a record for those days that you are feeling down and like nothing is happening. You can refer to your journal and see the progress you are making.
5. Set intentions each day. In your journal set your intentions. Write down the night before or first thing in the morning your intention. I write my intention for my income level and for how I live my life. This is a new technique that I have just begun, and have found it to be powerful.
6. Live in gratitude. Be thankful for the life you have, the things you are doing, your successes, your accomplishments and include them in your journal as well.
7. Create a support or mastermind group that is committed to helping you realize your dream. Mastermind groups are groups of people supporting each other's dreams and visions has been proven to be effective for many, many successful people. You can meet with the group in person or your can meet with the group via the phone. Make the meetings at least twice per month or weekly. You want to keep the momentum moving.
Each of these steps will help you to keep your life moving in the direction you want, living a life with intention, and living your dreams.
Living without regrets is living with intention, moving your dreams forward and in the direction that you desire. By clearly visioning and writing down your vision you create a powerful tool for continuous inspiration. Create a plan that outlines small steps that you can take each day or each week -- inspired actions. Keep a journal with your vision story, your plan and the small steps you can take. Include your accomplishments in the journal and celebrate them. The journal becomes a focal point of realizing your dream, set your intentions for each day, and your gratitude for the life you are living. This journal becomes a powerful tool for realizing your dream and living with intention. And finally, consider being part of a mastermind group of people committed to realizing their goals. As you move your dream forward each day you will build momentum using these tools to inspire and motivate yourself, and keep yourself on track. If you find yourself discouraged, use the journal to regain your momentum. Dreams don't just happen, they take action. Living the life you want, with intention is living the dream life.
Short note about the author
Donna Price, Author of "Launching Your Dream" and President of Compass Rose Consulting, provides coaching to individuals and businesses working to create the life they want. Receive free her e-course. http://www.launchingyourdreams.com